- To support, educate and facilitate professional development and career advancement amongst Black Speech Therapists and Audiologists
- To advocate for the profession as a career choice in the Black communities.
- To provide academic support to students through a mentorship program and advocate for support at the University level.
- To liaise with Institutional training and government bodies in matters that directly affects the students and the profession.
- To create awareness of communication disorders through promotion and education in the community.
- To advocate for improved service delivery in the community.
- To advocate for the expansion of faculties in other Black Universities (eg Limpopo, North West)
- To act as a resource for members for networking, providing and disseminating information about prevention and treatment of communication disorders and other factors that may affect the profession.